Friday, March 13, 2009

Training Has Been Canceled?

That's the rumor! Another person scheduled to begin training on the 25th called me about 45 minutes ago. She had just gotten a call from recruiting informing her that the upcoming Republic training class had been canceled, and they did not know when they would schedule another one, but that they would keep her updated.

I feel sick at my stomach.

This is such a long and difficult process. To receive news like this 11 days before we are scheduled to leave for training is disheartening.

I have not heard from Republic. Strike that! The phone is ringing and it is Republic on the caller ID.

It's official: Training has been canceled. Apparently it has something to do with some of the smaller jets on the Chautauqua side that have been grounded, and some Flight Attendants that have been displaced. The contract stipulates that Republic must first attempt to bring those displaced employees back into the company before they can hire or train new employees.

While the person in recruiting did not know how many employees this involved, they did not feel it would be very many.

I am next in line to be trained, and was asked if I wanted to keep my name on the list. I didn't even have to think about that, the answer is yes.

I have faith that this will all work out. This is just a bump in the road. This entire process has been a walk of faith for me. I believe God has opened this door for me, and that everything will work out as it is meant to in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete