Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"The Wait"

One of the more difficult aspects after being interviewed is waiting on the call inviting you to training. Hunker down and be prepared for a long wait.

At the open house interview they told us that we would hear something in 4 or 5 weeks. Still, you check your e-mail daily, and hope that every call that comes in is from the airlines.

After four weeks, to the date, I received an e-mail from the company congratulating me for passing the interview portion of the process and informing me that they would now begin my background check.

I do not know how long it will take for Republic to check my background. I would think it should not take long. Still, a week later, none of my references have been contacted. The process is frustrating. Still patience is a virtue, and good things come to those who wait! So, I'm gonna wait this out.

In the meantime, I am using this time to better prepare myself. I recently applied for a passport. I paid the additional $60.00 fee to expedite it and received it in the mail 11 days later. I am excited to have my passport, but will be even more excited when I am able to use it.

Another thing I did, while waiting, was upgrade my phone service. If I am going to be away from home frequently I want to be able to be in better touch. Up until now, I've used a pay by the minute plan with T-Mobile for .10 cents a minute. I bought a really awesome new phone, the new BlackBerry Curve 8900. Now, in addition to getting calls, I will be able to get all my e-mail on my phone, surf the web and have a built in GPS device to assist me with directions when in new cities. If I don't get the job, well then I'm still committed to this plan for 2 years! But, that is okay. I've been toying with the idea of replacing my land line with my cell for awhile, so now it is done.

I've been reading messages from others who are in the same boat I am in, waiting. Be careful, as this process can breed some inner doubt and negativity. While that is perfectly natrual, from what I have seen, it is not very productive. To anyone who is waiting my advice is be patient and do your best to remain positive. Don't let this process get the best of you. From all I can tell no news is good news, (you have not received a letter of rejection). Try and keep in mind that the airlines has a lot of people who are interested in these positions. It takes time to give everyone the fair consideration they deserve.

Throughout this entire process, I have been stepping out in faith. I am a christian. My relationship with Jesus allows me to feel comfortable stepping out in faith. I know the Lord has my back. I've been blessed with great faith, and an inner constitution that tells me no matter how this works out that with the Lord everything will be fine and I will be the better for it!

Now, back to the waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment